RepuTex provides energy market advisory services to a wide range of clients in Australia and Asia, underpinned by our proprietary NEMRES model, which replicates the operation of AEMO’s dispatch engine (NEMDE) by simulating market behaviour and supply-demand conditions across the National Electricity Market (NEM).
Our electricity sector services include:
- Wholesale electricity price and generation forecasts
- Operating behaviour & analysis of bidding strategies
- Policy & regulatory analysis including state and federal RET schemes, emissions policy and pricing mechanisms, energy productivity, and so on
- Technology & distributed generation take-up including Solar PV, battery storage, trigeneration and biomass, modelling the scale and potential impact of DG entry in the NEM.
- Planning scenarios such as retirement and supply analysis, system reliability modelling and regulatory impacts (i.e. proposed exit of coal-generation, etc).
- Impacts of renewable generation on market prices, transmission and congestion
ST & LT FORECASTS
We undertake short and long-term forecasting of the NEM, analysing the rapid transformation of the electricity market as a result of consumer behaviour, policy and regulatory shifts and the increased foothold of intermittent and distributed renewable energy generation. Analysis focuses on the major factors impacting market shape through to 2020-21 and 2030-31, analysing expected demand growth, renewable energy policy, technology take up and policy scenarios including the impact of climate targets under the Paris agreement, with pricing insights published down to half-hourly intervals.
POLICY & REGULATION
THE CHANGING MARKET
As the local energy system undergoes a period of rapid change, policy and regulatory developments will play an important role in ensuring that Australia is able to meet new climate change and energy security commitments. Policy developments at the state and federal level may have broad supply-demand impacts, with modelling exploring a range of policy and regulatory scenarios, including:
RepuTex’s proprietary NEMRES model is our flagship electricity market simulation tool, replicating the operation of AEMO’s dispatch engine (NEMDE) by simulating market behaviour and supply-demand conditions across the National Electricity Market (NEM). Our NEMRES model underpins our energy market advisory services, driven by granular analysis of wholesale energy prices, generation volumes and operating patterns; assessment of bidding strategies; policy and renewable generation analysis.
To learn more about our NEMRES model please visit this page.
To learn more about our energy market services please contact RepuTex Client Services team via +61 3 9600 0990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org