RepuTex’s proprietary ERF Auction Simulation Tool replicates the operation of the ERF reverse auction bidding system by modelling a series of auction scenarios and sensitivities, arriving at our upper and lower pricing bounds for each auction event. The Tool utilises our latest ACCU supply forecasts and analysis of project costs, registrations and bidder behaviour to simulate how each auction ‘bid stack’ may form (i.e. each project bid price versus ACCU volume), with bids ranked from highest to lowest up to the simulated benchmark price.
With RepuTex customers contracting over 70 per cent of total ACCU supply under the ERF, the ERF Auction Simulation Tool has become a critical reference point for firms seeking to identify upper and lower bid expectations and analyse a ‘safe bidding range’, while enabling proponents to design go-to-market strategies and optimise bidding for a single project, or across a wider portfolio.
Moreover, the Tool enables proponents to understand auction pricing dynamics, and measure the trade-offs for speculative or conservative bidding strategies.
Use the tool to:
- Identify ‘upper’ and ‘lower’ bid price expectations and the estimated ‘safe bidding range’ for each auction event;
- Simulate how each auction ‘bid stack’ may form (i.e. project bid prices versus ACCU volume);
- Understand the impact of market clearing rules, such as the variable clearing threshold and the benchmark price;
- Gain a deeper understanding of risk dynamics within each bidding strategy, such as the trade-offs for speculative or conservative bidding strategies, and the likely cut-off points for key of bidding above this range, including going to subsequent auctions.
- Create your bidding strategy in line with your risk profile
How to gain access?
Access to the RepuTex ERF Auction Simulation Tool is available to existing customers via our subscription services or one-off advisory projects. The Tool is operated by our analysts, working with you to form a unique viewpoint in line with your project or portfolio profile.
Learn more about our ERF Auction Simulation Tool below
Arrange a trial now
To arrange a trial of our ERF Auction Simulation Tool, simply CLICK HERE, or contact our Client Services team directly via +61 3 9600 0990.