RepuTex ESG Annual Review 2012 – ‘Asia On The Move’
Posted on: 14.08.2012
HONG KONG, Tuesday 14th August, 2012 – As part of the announcement of the 2012 Hang Seng Corporate Sustainability Index constituents, RepuTex today released its ESG Annual Review 2012, titled, Asia On The Move, analysing the ESG performance of Hong Kong and Chinese A-listed companies by market and research category.
Key Findings include:
- This year 636 companies were analysed by RepuTex as part of the index review process, representing 95% of market capitalisation across Hong Kong and China mainland markets.
- The overall ESG performance of all companies increased from BB (unstable) in 2011 to BB+ (unstable) in 2012.
- The ESG performance of Hong Kong companies in 2012 was stronger than mainland China listed companies, with Hong Kong companies averaging a BBB- rating (moderate) while Chinese companies averaged BB (unstable).
- MTR Corporation Ltd was the highest ranked Hong Kong company for 2012, claiming top spot from HSBC Holdings Plc with a “AA+” RepuTex ESG Rating, while Baoshan Iron & Steel Co. Ltd was the highest rated China mainland company, with an “A” RepuTex ESG Rating.
- The number of companies actively participating in the RepuTex ESG Rating process grew to over 100 in 2012, with these companies providing additional information through RepuTex’s feedback and verification process, and engaging in site visits, market briefings and conference calls to communicate their sustainability strategy.
To register to receive a free copy of the RepuTex ESG Annual Review 2012, Asia On The Move, please CLICK HERE