RepuTex today announced the release of a new online tool, the RepuTex Energy and Climate Policy (ECP) Tool, enabling business and policymakers to construct their own policy pathway to meet Australia’s 2030 emissions reduction target.
The ECP Tool is available in four versions, including a limited free edition for public use, and three subscriber versions, accessible to customers via their existing subscriptions.
Below we provide a summary of the new ECP Tool outline subscriber access.
RepuTex Energy and Climate Policy (ECP) Tool
- As policymakers and businesses begin to explore the best mechanisms to enable policy reform, the RepuTex Energy & Climate Policy (ECP) Tool enables users to better understand what combination of policies could serve as a pathway to meet Australia’s 2030 emissions reduction target, with firms able to select an emissions reference trajectory to measure the size of Australia’s abatement task, and then design a policy response to meet the target.
- The tool offers pre-built policy scenarios, plus the ability to adjust the strength of individual policy settings, scaling the ambition of policy from ‘little to no effort’ to reduce emissions (level 0) to ‘deeper decarbonisation’ policy settings (level 5).
- Users are also able to analyse the contribution of ‘safeguard’ and ‘non-safeguard’ sectors by adjusting policy and baseline settings under the government’s safeguard mechanism, including the analysis of absolute or emissions intensity baselines, as well as the rate and shape of baseline decline.
- Modelling results are published in dashboard format to support visual analysis, while users are also able to undertake quantitative scenario analysis by accessing detailed output reports, including the distribution of the emissions reduction effort at sub-industry level, emissions baseline allocation scenarios, and long-term policy scenarios.
Access to the Tool
The RepuTex ECP Tool is available online in four versions:
- Free ECP Tool: Analyse our illustrative reference pathways for Australian policy and greenhouse gas emissions through to 2030.
- ECP-Viewer: Create a customised policy pathway and view results in our dashboard reports.
- ECP-Interactive: Access underlying output reports and data tables for each modelled scenario including emissions baselines by industry (absolute and intensity) and detailed projections by sub-sector and policy instrument.
- ECP-Enterprise: License our underpinning A-EEM Model with regular data updates and model review.
RepuTex “Market Intelligence” and “Professional” subscribers will gain access to the ECP-Viewer Tool under their existing subscriptions, with discounted upgrade options for customers seeking access to our ECP Interactive or ECP-Enterprise Tools.
Research Insights and ERF Intelligence customers will have access to the free ECP Tool
Access levels are summarised below:
|Service level||Research Insights*||ERF Intelligence*||Market Intelligence||Professional|
|ECP Tool access level||–||–||ECP Viewer||ECP Viewer|
Launch the Tool
All versions of the RepuTex ECP Tool are available via the RepuTex Connect online portal.
To access the ECP Tool, and view detailed documentation including our White Paper, User Guide, and Assumptions, please visit the ECP Tool landing page, here .
To schedule a free demonstration of the ECP Tool please contact our Client Services team directly via +61 3 9600 0990 or email email@example.com
The RepuTex Team
Australian Emissions Markets