CARBON AND CLIMATE CHANGE MODELLING
RepuTex’s Carbon and Climate Change modelling team has a recognised capability in the analysis of markets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including cap and trade, reverse auction and green certificate schemes.
In doing so, we draw on our experience in the forecasting of carbon price and emissions abatement dynamics, helping decision makers to formulate a short- and long-term view of the Australian carbon market, and the price of internal and external opportunities to reduce emissions.
As the local climate policy landscape evolves, our market intelligence continues to provide a key reference point for carbon price development to Australia’s largest emitting companies, offset developers, traders and policymakers.
CARBON MARKET INTELLIGENCE
Our Carbon Market Intelligence (CMI) service represents the most complete data and analysis package available for Australian carbon market participants, providing in-depth coverage of daily ACCU spot prices, critical market data, long-term price forecasts (and policy scenarios), and our leading commentary and analysis.
Published via the RepuTex Connect web platform, key deliverables include:
- Australian Carbon Credit Unit (ACCU) spot price information – Daily spot price assessments for ACCUs, including back history and contract price analysis under the Emissions Reduction Fund.
- Carbon price forecasts – Forecast ACCU prices to 2030-50 in line with current policy, along with scenarios for the future scale up of emissions reduction targets (1.5-2 degrees) under the Paris Agreement.
- LGC spot and price forecasts – Daily LGC and STC spot price information, along with forecast LGC prices and potential interaction with ACCU prices to 2030.
- Supply-demand dynamics – Analysis of carbon market fundamentals including supply and demand forecasts, informing our proprietary forecasts for annual and cumulative market balance and ACCU price dynamics.
- Marginal Abatement Costs (MAC) – Marginal abatement costs and emission reduction volumes for over 150 activities across 10 economic sectors, helping to inform the cost of greenhouse gas abatement activity across the economy, and potential impacts on internal-external (offset) abatement dynamics.
- Commentary & Analysis – Regular reports, including our Analyst Alerts, Market Updates and Carbon Quarterly market commentary keeping you informed of our latest market expectations.
- Access to Analysts – Direct analyst access to discuss our research outcomes or regular private briefings on expected market dynamics.