CARBON AND CLIMATE CHANGE MODELLING
RepuTex’s Carbon and Climate Change modelling team has a recognised capability in the analysis of markets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including cap and trade, reverse auction and green certificate schemes. In doing so, we draw on our experience in the forecasting of carbon price and emissions abatement dynamics, helping decision makers to formulate a short- and long-term view of the Australian carbon market, and price internal and external opportunities to reduce emissions.
As the local climate policy landscape remains fluid, our market intelligence continues to provide a key reference point for carbon price development to large emitting companies, offset developers, and policymakers.
CARBON MARKET INTELLIGENCE
Our Carbon Market Intelligence subscription service represents the most complete data and analysis package available for Australian carbon market participants. The service provides in-depth coverage of Australian carbon spot price dynamics – including daily prices, long-term forecasts and scenarios – along with underlying supply-demand dynamics, and sectoral marginal abatement costs (MAC).
Content is published on our RepuTex Connect client platform, supported by our regular outlooks, insights and full access to analysts. Key deliverables include:
- Australian Carbon Credit Unit (ACCU) spot price information – Daily ACCU spot price updates, along with ACCU contract price analysis.
- Carbon price forecasts – Forecast ACCU prices to 2040 and beyond in line with current policy, along with scenarios for the future scale up of emissions reduction targets under the Paris Agreement.
- Market dynamics – Analysis of underlying fundamentals including market balance, demand for ACCUs and ACCU supply forecasts, including long-term emissons reduction pathways.
- Marginal Abatement Costs (MAC) – Marginal abatement costs and potential volumes for over 150 activities across 10 economic sectors.
- Research insights – Regular reports, including our Analyst Alerts, our flagship Market Update and Carbon Quarterly market commentary.
- Access to Analysts – Direct analyst access to discuss research outcomes and market expectations.
Our advisory services provide bespoke carbon market analysis to suit the needs of our customers. In particular, we have an extensive track record assisting private and public sector customers with Marginal Abatement Cost (MAC) analysis, identifying emissions reduction opportunities across different sectors of the economy, and the changing impact of technology on Australia’s net-zero emissions future.
Carbon pricing also forms key part of our expertise: We regularly work with governments and industry to provide long term scenarios for the tradable price of carbon, including sectoral and economy-wide price corridors, least-cost price scenarios, and the design of carbon market policy (state and federal).
Click below to request more information about our Australian carbon market intelligence and advisory services, and request a demonstration.