OUR ELECTRICITY MARKET ANALYSIS
RepuTex electricity market analysis has been at the forefront of energy investment decisions for over two decades, providing government Ministers, regulators, large energy users, banks and investors with a trusted reference point for future price dynamics in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
As the local landscape for energy investment changes, our market analysis continues to provide decision makers with respected advice and answers to important investment, planning and policy questions, such as:
- How will electricity and LGC prices develop through to 2040 and beyond?
- What impact will Snowy 2.0 and coal retirements have on regional prices?
- How will wind and solar prices decline as renewable penetration increases?
- How will increasing penetration within Renewable Energy Zones (REZs) impact market value?
- How will changing market dynamics impact P90 price floors?
- What technologies will meet future supply shortfalls?
- What is the market opportunity for energy storage technology?
- How will emissions reduction targets impact market shape, and prices?
- How could LGC prices interact with Australian carbon credit prices?
Our services are underpinned by our proprietary simulation model, NEMRES, which replicates the operation of AEMO’s dispatch engine by simulating market behaviour and supply-demand conditions across each region of the NEM, accounting for the role of new supply and energy storage technologies, retirement, regional interconnections, and energy and climate policy factors.
ELECTRICITY INTELLIGENCE SERVICE
Our wholesale and LGC price forecasts are packaged into our quarterly Australian Electricity Outlook (AEO), published under our Australian Electricity Intelligence service. The AEO provides a view of medium- (the next 16 quarters) and long-term (annual) prices to 2040 for each region of the NEM, supported by a Central and Alternative case, market outcomes (changes in capacity, generation mix, etc), sensitivities and analysis of the key factors impacting future market shape.
Forecasts and underlying datasets are published via our RepuTex Connect client platform, supported by our quarterly AEO outlook reports, regular insights, and full access to analysts. Click below to request sample reports and service pricing.
Our electricity advisory services provide bespoke analysis to suit the needs of our customers, such as custom price forecast horizons and time intervals (i.e. 30-min or 5-min settlement periods), bidding strategies, load patterns, and weather conditions. We also undertake extensive modelling for regulators and policymakers, informing the optimal design of policy to meet specific market outcomes (such as emissions and renewable targets, capacity changes, reliability, etc).
Click below to request sample reports and pricing information for our Australian Electricity Intelligence and Advisory services.