OUR ELECTRICITY MARKET ANALYSIS
RepuTex electricity market analysis has been at the forefront of energy investment decisions for over two decades, providing large energy users, banks, investors and policymakers with a trusted reference point for future price dynamics in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
As the local landscape for energy investment changes, our market analysis continues to provide decision makers with respected advice and answers to important investment, planning and policy questions, such as:
- How will electricity and LGC prices develop through to 2040 and beyond?
- What impact will Snowy 2.0 and coal retirements have on regional prices?
- How will wind and solar prices decline as renewable penetration increases?
- How will increasing penetration within Renewable Energy Zones (REZs) impact market value?
- How will changing market dynamics impact P90 price floors?
- What technologies will meet future supply shortfalls?
- What is the market opportunity for energy storage technology?
- How will emissions reduction targets impact market shape, and prices?
- How could LGC prices interact with Australian carbon credit prices?
We provide bespoke research services to suit the needs of our customers, such as custom price forecasts (30-min or 5-min intervals), time-weighted dispatch prices, policy and climate variability scenarios. Our services are underpinned by our proprietary simulation model, NEMRES, which replicates the operation of AEMO’s dispatch engine and supply-demand conditions across each region of the NEM.
AUSTRALIAN ELECTRICITY OUTLOOK (AEO)
RepuTex wholesale electricity and LGC price forecasts are packaged into our Australian Electricity Outlook (AEO) service, which provides a quarterly outlook for price development in each region of the National Electricity Market (NEM) over both medium-term (four years) and long-term horizons (20 years). The outlook is published in the first month of each quarter.
Our electricity market information is published via our EnergyIQ platform. To learn more, and take a tour, please click here.
To learn more about our electricity market research and advisory services please click below, or contact our Client Services team by email.