In this event, we discuss the outcomes of our latest quarterly outlook for Australian Carbon Credit Unit (ACCU) prices, supply and demand from 2021-30, including scenarios for the adoption of a net-zero emissions target for industry. Key topics include:
- Overview of the Australian carbon market – What are the key components of the Australian carbon market and where is demand for ACCU offsets derived from?
- Current ACCU spot prices and market dynamics – Discussion of current ACCU spot price dynamics and recent spot price trends;
- The impact of a net-zero target for compliance companies – What could a net-zero emissions target mean for high emitting facilities, including safeguard mechanism baselines, and required annual emissions reductions to 2030.
- The impact of a net-zero target for voluntary buyers – What could a net-zero target mean for companies voluntarily offsetting their emissions with local offsets.
- Price forecasts and net-zero scenarios (FY21-30) – We present three scenarios for ACCU prices under net-zero emissions, differing with respect to balance between internal abatement activities and demand for external offsets.
- Key takeaways and implications – What are the implications for market participants, such as compliance and voluntary buyers, investors, and project developers.
To access our full Market Outlook for ACCU prices, supply, and demand from 2021-30, please click here. Alternatively, please contact a member of our team to learn more about our services for the Australian carbon offset market.
The RepuTex Team
Australian Electricity Markets
Access our Carbon Market Outlooks
Our Carbon Market Intelligence service represents the most complete data and analysis package available for Australian carbon market participants, providing in-depth coverage of daily carbon spot price dynamics, supply-demand fundamentals, and our long-term price outlooks to 2030-50. To learn more, please click here.