RepuTex recently released a new online tool, the RepuTex Energy and Climate Policy (ECP) Tool, enabling users to construct a policy pathway to meet Australia’s 2030 emissions reduction target.
As business and policymakers begin to investigate policy reform, the ECP Tool helps users to measure the strength of Australia’s current energy and climate policy mix and understand how policy may need to be scaled up to meet Australia’s international climate commitments. Moreover, users are able to analyse the impact of policy reform, such as the distribution of the emissions reduction effort across economic sectors under a range of policy scenarios to 2030.
Below we take a closer look at the RepuTex Energy & Climate Policy (ECP) Tool:
ECP Tool Specifications
- Access: The ECP Tool is an interactive web tool, accessible to subscribers via the RepuTex Connect online portal.
- Policy coverage: Coverage of the ECP Tool extends to energy and climate policy at the state and federal level, including the Electricity sector, Renewable Energy Target (state and federal), National Energy Productivity Plan (NEPP), ERF and Safeguard Mechanism, plus state based initiatives such as renewable energy targets and land clearing regulation.
- Pre-set or Flexible policy settings: Users are able to view pre-set policy pathways, or create a customised emissions projection to 2030 by adjusting individual policy levers on a scale of 0-5 (low ambition to deep decarbonisation settings).
- Customise baselines: Customise emissions baselines under the safeguard mechanism including absolute or emissions intensity baselines along with linear (uniform across the market) and convergence allocation methods (i.e. to best practice).
- Dashboard reports: As policy settings are adjusted, view modelling outcomes in dashboard format to support visualisation analysis.
- Access modelling outcomes: Detailed modelling outputs are presented in quantitative reports, enabling users to view underlying datasets – such as customised emissions forecasts, energy sector dynamics, industry emissions reductions, and policy contribution – supporting detailed scenario analysis.
- Export into Excel: Export quantitative reports into Excel to undertake your own customised scenario analysis.
Start a Free Trial of the ECP Tool
The ECP Tool is available in four versions, including a limited free edition for public use, and three subscriber versions, accessible to customers via their existing subscriptions. All versions of the RepuTex ECP Tool are available via the RepuTex Connect online portal.
RepuTex will hold a webinar on this topic on Friday the 14th of October from 13:30-1:15 AEDT. To register for this event, please click here.
The RepuTex Team
Australian Emissions Markets